The Labourer, under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, will primarily be responsible for general duties such as, shop and yard maintenance, material handling, and overall support for department needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate assigned machinery and equipment in a safe manner
- Perform shop housekeeping tasks necessary, to maintain a clean and safe work area
- Clean yard and shop and assist where needed.
- Slotting and stamping
- Empty chip bins
- Organize material to ensure each Machinist gets what they require
- Monitor, test, and use the phosphating tank and shot peening machine
- Perform daily inspections of cranes and other equipment
- Inspect tubular products to ensure the ID bore is free of chips or debris
- Follow HSE procedures and policies and report unsafe conditions to supervisor in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Overhead crane and forklift experience is an asset
- Familiar with basic tools and machinery, and small hand shop/yard tools
POSITION FIT AND EVALUATION
- The job is performed indoors on a manufacturing floor and in the shop yard
- Will be exposure to loud noise, dust, dirt, sparks, and smoke
- Exposure to shop floor and loading hazards
- Protective safety equipment is required including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots and coveralls
- Overtime as required
- Physically demanding: requires lifting capability of up to 50lbs, frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 25lbs, bending, twisting, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods of time
Why Choose Complete Group?
Complete Group offers a competitive compensation package, robust benefits, as well as limitless learning and growth opportunities. We select employees, not only for having the right skills, but also for their capacity and desire to improve themselves and our organization. We are looking at expanding our team with hard working, dedicated professionals that are looking to grow a career within our Company. By joining our team, you are also saying yes to a future filled with challenge and growth
About Complete Group
Originated as Complete Tubular Products (CTP) in 2013, we aimed to provide a locally owned source of drill pipe tubulars for the oil and gas downhole drilling industry. As the market changed towards survival, additional business units, product lines, and services were purchased and/or started to complement and capture 100% of the sales and services surrounding the lifecycle of drill string tubulars. As of 2017, these independent business units have been consolidated under a single entity: Complete Group
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
In an effort to keep our people safe, we have limited access to the building, practice social distancing and have adopted a cleaning regiment for commonly touched surfaces.
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Email resume to email@example.com
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""